Animal Health Technical Assistant
Type: Full time
Location: Aldersyde, Alberta
Responsibilities and Duties
The ideal candidate can be described as the following:
- Enjoys being fully engaged with daily tasks and possesses a drive to be constantly challenged.
- Has 5-10 years of previous experience analyzing and presenting data.
- Well versed with hands-on experience using SQL and/or SQL Reporting Services.
- Well versed with hands-on experience using Access and Excel.
- Has a previous history of data analysis and organization to build comprehensive and interpretive reports for subsequent users.
- Will thrive in a work environment which promotes innovation, initiative, and creativity.
- Understands that there is a need to continuously seek opportunities to improve existing processes and create new ones.
Qualifications and Skills
The skills, knowledge, and experience essential for success in this position:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in agriculture, animal science, engineering, computer science, or a related university level degree.
- Exceptional attention to detail with a desire to make sure data is correctly summarized and documents are consistently formatted.
- Previous experience working with large datasets including troubleshooting outliers, data verification, summarization, and analysis.
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills and exceptional proficiency using Microsoft Excel, Access, and Word.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- An understanding of the beef industry (particularly feedlot production) is considered an asset, but not necessary.
Terms of Employment
Full time permanent position
- Competitive salary based on experience and education
- Extensive group benefit package
- Annual bonus based on performance
- This is a 37.5hr, five days week role
- Hours of work are generally 8:30 – 5:00pm Monday to Friday
When applying for this position, please submit a resume and a cover letter which outlines your relevant work experience.
Apply now - send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Attention: Cheryl Loewen, Human Resources Manager.