Cattle Research Project Coordinator
Type: Full time
Location: Okotoks, Alberta
- An energetic and dynamic company that focuses on employee engagement and retention
- A supportive environment with strong management and experienced existing team to work towards success in the role and skill/career development
- Studies conducted on animal health, feeds and nutrition, performance enhancement, procurement, and marketing strategies
- Feedlot study types include small-pen, large-pen, individual-animal, and GrowSafe-pen designs
- Dairy calf grower study types include individual animal hutch and corral designs
- Studies conducted in Canada, the USA, Mexico, Kazakhstan, and Brazil
- Coordinating all aspects of research study implementation/execution (start to finish)
- Field work (20% of role) conducted at local commercial feedlots throughout the year
- Communication and coordination with client site cattle managers to ensure smooth implementation of the studies
- Sample collection (nasal samples, fecal samples, feed samples), organization, and shipping
- Accessing data from multiple sources and compiling large Excel spreadsheets of animal health and production data
- Monitoring and assembling health and feed data over time
- Results compilation (tables, reports, PowerPoint presentations, etc.)
- Training in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Working with SQL and report automation
- Assisting with technical writing (executive summaries, final reports, and manuscripts)
What you bring to this role:
- A Master’s Degree in animal science, agriculture, epidemiology, or other relevant areas with extra consideration given to those with prior skills or experience conducting research
- Strong coordination, organization, prioritization, time-management, critical-thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent computer skills and moderate to advanced proficiency using Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work individually and in a team environment
- Basic understanding of feedlot production or the cattle industry
- Confidence working around cattle
The successful candidate will have to undergo a criminal record check as a condition of their employment.
Who is TELUS Agriculture?
Our growing team of global experts are passionate about leveraging our world-class technology and innovation to tackle one of the most pressing social challenges of our time – ensuring a safe and sustainable food system.
We believe that by connecting the food value chain we can improve upon the economic, social and environmental sustainability of the food system. We offer an unmatched suite of innovative solutions and purpose built applications for every participant in the agriculture value chain, from seed manufacturers and farmers through to grocery stores and restaurants.
Our solutions are comprised of the latest technologies to enable all organizations in agri-business, agri-food, and consumer goods & retail: AFS Exceedra, Agrian, TKXS, Farm At Hand, Decisive Farming, Muddy Boots, AGIntegrated, and Feedlot Health Management Services.
Collectively, our talented team and integrated solutions uniquely positions us to transform collaboration within the industry at a global level and connect the food system to feed the future.
Everyone belongs at TELUS Agriculture. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS Agriculture, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion for enabling remarkable food outcomes?
At TELUS Agriculture, you create future friendly® possibilities.
Apply now - send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com Attention: Cheryl Loewen, Human Resources Manager.