Feeds and Feeding (FF) Summer Student Position
Type: Full time
Location: Aldersyde, Alberta
- A student within a Bachelor or Master of Science degree program.
- An understanding of feedlot production.
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Access.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Support the efforts of the Feeds and Feeding (FF) Team.
- Field work related to FF (drying samples, NIR scanning, and sample collection).
- Working with data: entering and summarizing the data.
- Cooperate with/work alongside the FF Support teams, FHMS Veterinarians and Production Consultants, and other department personnel to accomplish the necessary activities associated with duties assigned.
- Maintain and implement departmental policies, procedures and instruction manuals.
- Hours of work are generally 8:30am – 5:00pm, Monday to Friday; but some flexibility is required to meet project specific requirements.
- This is a full-time position from the beginning of May to the end of August.
- Training from the FF support teams to understand field work responsibilities.
- Training from the Team Lead and Production Consultants to develop the skills to work with data sets.
- Training from the FF Team Lead and support teams on projects that may be assigned.
- Training from Veterinarians or Animal Scientists in areas of interest to the student.
Apply now - send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Attention: Cheryl Loewen, Human Resources Manager.