Research Summer Student
Type: Full time
Location: Aldersyde, Alberta
- A student within a Bachelor or Master of Science degree program or a DVM program.
- At least one year of experience in a research assistant position OR a deemed equivalent experience.
- An understanding of feedlot production.
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Access.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Support the efforts of the Research Support Team (RST).
- Research field work (allocation of animals to a research study and sample collection).
- Working with large data sets: entering, summarizing and verifying the data.
- Writing executive summaries and abstracts.
- Cooperate with/work alongside the RST, FHMS Veterinarians and Consultants, and other FHMS personnel to accomplish the necessary activities associated with duties assigned.
- Maintain and implement departmental policies, procedures and instruction manuals.
- Hours of work are generally 8:30am – 5:00pm, Monday to Friday; but some flexibility is required to meet project deadlines.
- This is a full-time position from the beginning of May to the end of August.
- Training from the Research Support Team (RST) to learn about the research systems at FHMS.
- Training from the Team Lead, Project Coordinator and Project Managers to develop the skills to work with data sets.
- Training from the Research Support Team on projects that may be assigned.
- Training from Veterinarians or Animal Scientists in areas of interest to the student.
Apply now - send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com Attention: Cheryl Loewen, Human Resources Manager.