Feeds and Feeding
Don’t throw away profit.
Cost-effective feeding means superior meat quality with less waste. Our consultants consider all aspects of the business while determining the best feed and supplement options for your operation. Emphasis is put on determining the relative feeding values of rations, while considering commodity quality, processing methods and sources.
Feeds and Feeding Module – Key Features
- Developing Feeding Programs to Optimize the Cost of Production
- The focus of the Feedlot Health Feeds and Feeding Module is to optimize the net cost of production as opposed to maximizing one or more biologic outcomes.
- Integrated Approach to Evaluation
- The primary outcomes of interest in most feeds and feeding programs are related to daily intake, rate of gain and feed efficiency. The Feedlot Health professional team focuses on all aspects of production, including how diet formulations or feeding programs affect animal health and carcass characteristic outcomes.
- Importance of Commercial Field Trial Research Data
- Over 25 years ago, Feedlot Health recognized the power and potential of the replicated large pen commercial feedlot field trial model to re-define the standard for evaluating and validating diet formulations and feeding programs. Today, the Feedlot Health professional team continues to emphasis the use of field trial results to determine the biologic impact of each feed ingredient in the specific dietary matrix in which it is fed., as opposed to relying solely on “standard” NRC values, laboratory results, or results from other prediction models.
- Detailed Economic Modeling
- Comprehensive economic modeling, including sensitivity analyses to investigate a variety of costing scenarios, is conducted using the biologic outcomes from large pen field trials, as well as publicly available information, to determine the net economic impact of each diet formulation or feeding program, including impacts on feedlot operations, commodity procurement, and manure management as appropriate.
- Real-Time Monitoring
- Utilizing the centralized Feedlot Health feeding data, NIR, and iFHMS© databases, other data collection tools, and the Feeds and Feeding Dashboard database, Feedlot Health production consultants monitor commodity specifications, commodity processing, feed manufacture, feeding strategy execution, feed additive usage, and commodity inventories on an ongoing basis to maximize client returns by ensuring optimal application of feeds and feeding programs.
Contact us to learn more about our Feeds and Feeding module.