Animal Health Summer Student
Type: Full time
Location: Aldersyde, Alberta
- Veterinary student or Animal Health Technology student (however, recent graduate AHTs and others have been hired previously and will be considered!).
- Interest in and some experience working with beef cattle.
- Experience with computer software in a Windows environment, including Excel and Access, would be an asset but is not required.
- Class 5 driver’s license and willingness to drive short to medium distances daily.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- This position is based in the field and involves outdoor working conditions.
- Support the efforts of the Animal Health Support Team (AHST) including prosection of carcasses for digital necropsies, making deliveries, and assistance on research trials.
- Some project-based work when in the office.
- Work alongside other personnel as needed.
- Maintain and implement departmental policies, procedures and instruction manuals.
- Hours of work are generally 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday to Friday but some after. hours work and some weekends are required.
- This is a full-time position from beginning of May to end of August.
- Prosection of beef cattle for digital necropsies.
- Improve understanding of feedlot cattle health and production.
- As needed to complete projects, FHMS veterinarians, production consultants, AHST members and others may train the student within their areas of expertise.
- Project-based work in the office usually includes learning opportunities on animal health topics and Excel or Access software.
Apply now - send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com Attention: Cheryl Loewen, Human Resources Manager.