Type: Full time
Location: Okotoks, AB & Lethbridge, AB
TELUS Agriculture is a great place to work. You can see it in our team members. The diversity of the team and their unique contributions set us apart from the competition. Our success is based as much on our future friendly team as the innovative technology solutions we offer.
Our team members include people like you – enthusiastic, innovative, passionate and energetic. We believe that you’ll find our high-performance culture personally fulfilling, professionally challenging and financially rewarding.
Feedlot Health Management Services (Feedlot Health) is North America’s premier feedlot consulting service. We work with feedlots and calf grower operations to determine ways to optimize production efficiency and overall animal health. We support our clients through consultation with our industry professionals and the use of our proprietary software systems.
Here is the impact you will make and what we will accomplish together
Feedlot Health Management Services Inc. and Lethbridge Animal Clinic are looking to hire a Consultant Assistant. The Consultant Assistant (CA) performs digital necropsies at client feedlot sites along with other clinical field trial tasks and lab sampling. Once fully trained, you will perform dissections (using saw, knives, etc.) and take photos of deceased animals at local client sites. The pictures are then uploaded, and veterinarians diagnose the cause of death for each post-mortem.
- An energetic and dynamic company that focuses on employee engagement and retention
- A supportive environment with strong management and experienced existing team to work towards success in the role and skill/career development
- Performing digital necropsies at client feedlot sites
- Sample collection
- Handling and delivering pharmaceuticals
- Assisting with clinical procedures
- Assisting with regulatory work
- Scanning and drying feed samples
- Near infrared (NIR) feed analysis, feed data collection and entry
- Office and data administration tasks
- Supporting other internal teams as required
- Flexibility in this role will be key
What you bring to this role:
- Experience working with cattle is a definite asset but not necessarily required.
- Class 5 driver’s license and willing to drive short to medium distances daily
- Some experience with computer software in a Windows environment.
- The ideal candidate will have had exposure to the agriculture industry, including being familiar with and comfortable with the challenging work conditions.
- This role is predominately physical. The candidate will need to be capable of lifting and pushing up to 50 lb and working for extended hours in all weather conditions. The regular hours for this role are 9am to 5pm; however, candidates are expected to work until the daily tasks are completed, which might mean working past 5pm on certain days.
- Please note that the scheduled rotation of this role includes working on Saturday and Sunday.
- Willing to work on own and with others
- Willing to work outside at all times of the year
- Willing to work in a supporting role
The successful candidate will have to undergo a criminal record check as a condition of their employment.
Who is TELUS Agriculture?
Our growing team of global experts are passionate about leveraging our world-class technology and innovation to tackle one of the most pressing social challenges of our time – ensuring a safe and sustainable food system.
We believe that by connecting the food value chain we can improve upon the economic, social, and environmental sustainability of the food system. We offer an unmatched suite of innovative solutions and purpose-built applications for every participant in the agriculture value chain, from seed manufacturers and farmers through to grocery stores and restaurants.
Our solutions are comprised of the latest technologies to enable all organizations in agri-business, agri-food, and consumer goods & retail: AFS Exceedra, Agrian, TKXS, Farm At Hand, Decisive Farming, Muddy Boots, AGIntegrated, and Feedlot Health Management Services.
Collectively, our talented team and integrated solutions uniquely positions us to transform collaboration within the industry at a global level and connect the food system to feed the future.
Everyone belongs at TELUS Agriculture. It does not matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS Agriculture, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want, and our communities need.
Do you share our passion for enabling remarkable food outcomes?
At TELUS Agriculture, you create future friendly® possibilities.
To apply for the position at Feedlot Health, please click on this link:
To apply for the position at Lethbridge Animal Clinic, please click this link: