Dispensing Representative Veterinary Technician (RVT)
Type: Full time
Location: Okotoks, AB & Lethbridge, AB
Southern Alberta Veterinary Services Ltd. (SAVS) & Lethbridge Animal Clinic are looking to hire a Registered Veterinary Technician who will fill a customer service and warehouse representative role.
Southern Alberta Veterinary Services Ltd. (SAVS) was put into operation in July of 2008. SAVS purpose is to provide an efficient delivery model for feedlot, cow/calf, and dairy pharmaceuticals by working collectively with SAVS partner clinics and complimenting their current service model.
Dispensing Representative Veterinary Technician responsibilities would include:
- Overseeing pharmaceutical website for management of client prescriptions, dispensing, and annual renewal of prescriptions
- Working in a warehouse while picking product and packing orders, labelling and shipping product, dispensing and receiving pharmaceuticals and invoicing clients
- Using the internal accounting system to manage daily operations
- Customer Service (including taking orders, client education, handling questions and concerns from SAVS customers over the phone and in person.)
- Inventory Management including monitoring of short dated and soon to be expired product.
- Management of transfers to different clinic locations
- Delivery of products to clients as required
- General cleaning of warehouse
- Organization of equipment repairs for clients (package and ship items for repair)
The skills, knowledge and experience essential for success in this position include:
- Basic understanding of feedlot, cow/calf, and dairy production as well as the cattle industry.
- Veterinary Technologist or Animal Health Technologist Diploma
- Computer savvy
- Ability to prioritize warehouse operations both with a team and as an individual
- Experience with customer service
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task under pressure
- Enjoy working in a physically demanding position (lift, push, pull up to 50 pounds)
- MS Excel and MS Word would be an asset
- Forklift training will be provided
- WHMIS and Transportation of Dangerous Goods training will be provided
Hours of work are generally 8:30am 4:30pm with a 1/2 hour paid lunch, Monday to Friday; but flexibility is required to meet daily workload. This is a full-time position.
To apply for this position please click the link: https://www.agcareers.com/telus-agriculture/registered-veterinary-technician-job-871396.cfm