Individual Animal Management (IAM) Summer Student
Type: Full time
Location: Aldersyde, Alberta
- A student within a Bachelor or Master of Science degree program.
- An understanding of feedlot production.
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Access.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Support the efforts of the Individual Animal Management (IAM)
- Field work related to IAM (auditing feedlot systems, training on-site).
- Working with data: entering and summarizing the data.
- Cooperate with/work alongside the IAM Support teams, FHMS Veterinarians and Consultants, and other department personnel to accomplish the necessary activities associated with duties assigned.
- Maintain and implement departmental policies, procedures and instruction manuals.
- Hours of work are generally 8:30am – 5:00pm, Monday to Friday; but some flexibility is required to meet project specific requirements. This is a full-time position from the beginning of May to the end of August.
- Training from the IAM support teams to understand office and field work responsibilities.
- Training from the Team Lead and Consultants to develop the skills to work with data sets.
- Training from the IAM Team Lead and support teams on projects that may be assigned.
- Training from Veterinarians or Animal Scientists in areas of interest to the student.
Apply now - send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com Attention: Cheryl Loewen, Human Resources Manager.