Professional Services Veterinarian x 2
Type: Full time
Location: Okotoks, AB & Lethbridge, AB
TELUS Agriculture is a great place to work. You can see it in our team members. The diversity of the team and their unique contributions set us apart from the competition. Our success is based as much on our future friendly team as the innovative technology solutions we offer.
Our team members include people like you – enthusiastic, innovative, passionate and energetic. We believe that you’ll find our high-performance culture personally fulfilling, professionally challenging and financially rewarding.
Feedlot Health Management Services (Feedlot Health) is North America’s premier feedlot consulting service. We work with feedlots and calf grower operations to determine ways to optimize production efficiency and overall animal health. We support our clients through consultation with our industry professionals and the use of our proprietary software systems.
Feedlot Health and Lethbridge Animal Clinic are looking to hire a Professional Services Veterinarian.
Here is the impact you will make and what we will accomplish together.
Cow-Calf and Feedlot Veterinary Services
- Diagnose causes of death in cow-calf and feedlot cattle (in person and via digital imaging)
- Perform selected bovine surgeries
- Perform pregnancy diagnoses and breeding soundness exams
- Conduct individual animal and herd level examinations (in person or via digital imaging)
- Perform regulatory procedures associated with cattle import/export or certification
- Communicate protocols, research findings, recommendations, technical information, etc. to client operations and follow up as needed
- Coordinate and oversee the training of cow-calf and feedlot workers
- Perform other veterinary procedures as required
- Cow-Calf and Feedlot Health Management
- Utilize data to monitor health parameters, and perform ad hoc data analysis as needed
- Identify areas of concern and devise action plans and recommendations in conjunction with the entire Consultant Team
- Provide input to clients regarding animal health and production protocols and procedures
- Perform client site visits as required to monitor animal health procedures and events, and to provide ongoing, positive communication
What you bring to this role:
- Education: Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited veterinary school
- Qualification for licensure with the Alberta Veterinary Medical Association
The successful candidate will have to undergo a criminal record check as a condition of their employment.
Who is TELUS Agriculture?
Our growing team of global experts are passionate about leveraging our world-class technology and innovation to tackle one of the most pressing social challenges of our time ensuring a safe and sustainable food system.
We believe that by connecting the food value chain we can improve upon the economic, social and environmental sustainability of the food system. We offer an unmatched suite of innovative solutions and purpose built applications for every participant in the agriculture value chain, from seed manufacturers and farmers through to grocery stores and restaurants.
Our solutions are comprised of the latest technologies to enable all organizations in agri-business, agri-food, and consumer goods & retail: AFS Exceedra, Agrian, TKXS, Farm At Hand, Decisive Farming, Muddy Boots, AGIntegrated, and Feedlot Health Management Services.
Collectively, our talented team and integrated solutions uniquely positions us to transform collaboration within the industry at a global level and connect the food system to feed the future.
Everyone belongs at TELUS Agriculture. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS Agriculture, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion for enabling remarkable food outcomes?
At TELUS Agriculture, you create future friendly® possibilities.
To apply for this position, please click on the following link: