Research Data Technical Assistant – Okotoks
Type: Full time
Location: Okotoks, AB
TELUS Agriculture is a great place to work. You can see it in our team members. The diversity of the team and their unique contributions set us apart from the competition. Our success is based as much on our future friendly team as the innovative technology solutions we offer.
Our team members include people like you – enthusiastic, innovative, passionate and energetic. We believe that you’ll find our high-performance culture personally fulfilling, professionally challenging and financially rewarding.
Feedlot Health Management Services (Feedlot Health) is North America’s premier feedlot consulting service. We work with feedlots and calf grower operations to determine ways to optimize production efficiency and overall animal health. We support our clients through consultation with our industry professionals and the use of our proprietary software systems.
Here’s the impact you will make and what we will accomplish together:
The Research Data Technical Assistant (RDTA) facilitates the smooth conduct of Feedlot Health research data priorities related to feedlot cattle and dairy calf grower production data. The RDTA works closely with Research Team Management and the Research Data Team Lead in the development and maintenance of research policies, procedures, systems, and training tools to continually improve data management, data accuracy, and Team productivity. Come join us to work in the agricultural industry, learn about research data procedures, improve data management, compilation, and verification skills, and work with a great Team to support animal welfare and cattle productivity!
- A variety of tasks and projects within the role
- Studies conducted on animal health, feeds and nutrition, performance enhancement, procurement, and marketing strategies
- Participating all aspects of research data management (start to finish)
- Data entry
- Data acquisition through raw data sources and electronic files
- Pulling data from a large database using queries
- Data compilation and cleaning (identification of outliers, reconciliation of animal numbers)
- Data verification
- Basic data analysis
- Results compilation into tables, reports, PowerPoint presentations
- Training in Microsoft Office (Word formatting, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Work with SQL and report automation
- Applying knowledge of feedlot production to understand data
- See how robust research and accurate data affect consulting decision making and can lead to changes in protocols and recommendations to feedlot and calf grower operation clients
- Supportive environment with a strong existing team and management to work towards success in the role
What you bring to this role:
- Love and curiosity related to livestock production data
- Master’s Degree in animal science, agriculture, epidemiology, or other relevant area with extra consideration given to those with prior skills or experience conducting research
- Strong coordination, organization, prioritization, time-management, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent computer skills and moderate to advanced proficiency using Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work individually and in a team environment
- Basic understanding of feedlot production or the cattle industry
The successful candidate will have to undergo a criminal record check as a condition of their employment.
Who is TELUS Agriculture?
Our growing team of global experts are passionate about leveraging our world-class technology and innovation to tackle one of the most pressing social challenges of our time – ensuring a safe and sustainable food system.
We believe that by connecting the food value chain we can improve upon the economic, social and environmental sustainability of the food system. We offer an unmatched suite of innovative solutions and purpose built applications for every participant in the agriculture value chain, from seed manufacturers and farmers through to grocery stores and restaurants.
Our solutions are comprised of the latest technologies to enable all organizations in agri-business, agri-food, and consumer goods & retail: AFS Exceedra, Agrian, TKXS, Farm At Hand, Decisive Farming, Muddy Boots, AGIntegrated, and Feedlot Health Management Services.
Collectively, our talented team and integrated solutions uniquely positions us to transform collaboration within the industry at a global level and connect the food system to feed the future.
Everyone belongs at TELUS Agriculture. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS Agriculture, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion for enabling remarkable food outcomes?
At TELUS Agriculture, you create future friendly® possibilities.
To apply for this position, please click this link: https://telus-agriculture.breezy.hr/p/06874bdac30d-data-research-technical-assistant